Our Safewalk™ custom underarm crutches are hand crafted from high-tensile aluminum or titanium tubing and are innovative in many ways:
First of all, our custom underarm crutches have much larger and safer foot print (dual tipped, patent pending) stated by “Cripple Children’s Canada” to be the newest innovation in crutches in 20 years. The two foot design also eliminates the weak point where the side tubes and the bottom tube comes together.
Secondly, the handholds and underarm supports are shaped from solid, marine grade, high density plastic and are virtually indestructible. The underarm supports have been carefully shaped to securely hold the crutch in place when walking while significantly reducing underarm chafe. Underarm and handhold padding can be easily added.
And thirdly, they are are available in both titanium and high tensile aluminum tubing. The aluminum tubing, though almost as strong as titanium, allows us to make these crutches for less than half the price of an equivalent titanium crutch. And as as bonus, they are unbelievably light.
Custom Underarm Crutches Features
- Double footed so these crutches grip when it’s most required… when you’re walking with them.
- Available in adjustable length versions that also can be taken apart for storage or travel.
- Titanium or high tensile aluminum tube construction for optimal strength and lightness
- Tubes are filled with high density foam so the crutches are quiet and will not collect moisture inside.
- Double footed design also presents a much larger surface area which facilitates negotiating soft ground
- Flush design so the crutch will not hang up or rip fabrics when brushed up against.
- Available attachment points for flashlights and shopping bags etc.
- Underarm supports are carefully shaped (ultra-thin) to significantly reduce chafe.
- Crutch tips are filled to avoid cutting (cooking cutter effect) into the tips and can be sized to fit any crutch tip design.
- Underarm supports can be equipped with magnets so they can be securely leaned against each other or vehicles during entry/exit.
- We can also make these crutches extra strong for any sized people (bariatric crutches).
The custom underarm crutches shown above are two examples of our crutch designs, one that is adjustable (built with titanium tubing) and the second is an aluminum non adjustable version equipped with hand and underarm padding. The adjustable crutch can be adjusted in overall length by simply removing two screws, sliding the crutch in or out “trombone style” and replacing the screws. It takes less then a couple minutes to adjust or take the crutch apart. These crutches are not only adjustable, but they are also quiet, elegant and completely reliable.
Our adjustable crutches can also be made small enough to be perfect for children who need long term crutches. This crutch design allows the crutches to grow from 35 inches to 45 inches in overall length while also allowing the arm pad to handhold distance to change from 11 inches all the way to 16 inches. When your child eventually outgrows these crutches we also make it easy to upgrade to full size crutches by offering a 35% crutch exchange discount.
For those who prefer forearm crutches, we also make extremely strong forearm crutches. Not sure what style of crutch is best for you, please have a look at our blog entry Forearm crutches vs Underarm Crutches.
Sure, if you are recovering from a twisted ankle you may not need crutches as good as these but if you need crutches for the long term… these are the crutches for you. Don’t let your crutches hold you back.
If you would like us to make you a pair (or just one) of our custom underarm crutches, please use the measurement list (below) to carefully describe your crutch requirements. Quotations for custom underarm crutches are based upon time and materials plus shipping. We work hard to keep our pricing as low as possible. Ask us for a quote, you may be surprised by our pricing.
As these are completely custom underarm crutches, we will need the following information to make sure they are properly designed and sized.
A) Height of person.
B) Weight of person.
C) Measurement from top of underarm support to center on hand support.
D) Measurement from center of hand support to the ground.
E) Measurement from top of underarm support to ground using where possible present crutches.
F) The color and type of the tips that you would prefer. Not all colors or types are available. We can make the crutch to fit your existing tips or tip style.
Please contact Custom Welding to describe the custom underarm crutches that you need.
Please use the social share buttons (on the left) to share our custom underarm crutches to social media.